If you are anti-guns, or afraid of guns, or just don't like them and don't want them in your house, then this blog is for you.
(It might just change your mind)

Monday, February 4, 2013

Sandyhook dad you`ll have to take my guns from my cold dead hands




Gun Voilence Prevention
Jan 28th Working Group Public hearing

My name is Bill Stevens.  I live in Newtown.  My 5th grade daughter was in lockdown on Dec 14th 2012.  Unfortunately her classmates little sister was murdered in Sandy hook that day when lockdown and 911 weren't enough to protect her from an evil person.  Not protect her from an Assault rifle or some type of an inanimate object, but from an evil person.  Quite different fromt the security that you all enjoy here at the capital.  It was fun getting frisked on the way in.

I'm not here to cite crime statisitics, lives saved with a gun or the economic impact of some of the proposed assinine legislation, some of these gun control bills you have proposed.

I will however read from the Conneticut state constitution.  Section 15 reads very clearly, we all know what the Second Ammendment says, but section 15 in the state constitution says very clearly every citizen has the right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.  There is no registration, there is no permitting, there is no background checks.  It is quite clear.

I'm frankly shocked by some of the testimony today.  In case some here failed American history there is something called the constitution and the bill of rights and a process by which to amend it.  The same goes for the State constitution.  These rights are inalienable and endowed by our creator, not you politicians, to all citizens, regardless of gender, race or creed.  In order to limit the rights of individuals, there is somethign called due process.  Legislation is not due process.  You want to take my rights away?  Let's go to court.

And with regard to due process, the final report with all the facts on Sandy Hook will not likely be issued until this Summer, which is stated clearly in the newspapers.

How can any legislation be passed in good faith or good concience without all the facts?

Again, gun ownership is a constitutional right, but it is not for everyone.  That's ok; and it shouldn't make gun owners "suspects" regardless of how many guns they have or how much ammunition they may have.  My guns are not dangerous.  They are at home, locked up, collecting dust and cat hair.

But criminals and tyrants, tyrants especially, beware:  Lockdown is not an option at the Stevens residence, and 911 will be dialed after teh security of my home has been established.  Why is that same security that my daughter enjoys at home with her dad not available at school in newtown?  That is what you should be considering.  Not making her dad a criminal.

Charleton Heston made the phrase "From my cold dead hands" famous.  And I will tell you here today, you will take my ability to protect my Victoria from my cold dead hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAYLr6u2FyY

1 comment:

  1. What all patriots should stand up and say.

    ReplyDelete