- Limit the proliferation of rapid-reload weapons, by banning rifles with detachable magazines
- Making all high-capacity magazines illegal to possess
- Closes loopholes that have allowed the gun industry to enable the assembly and home-modification of 10-round magazines into larger capacity magazines
- Regulate the purchase of ammunition
- Require gun owners to be educated, trained and tested annually in the safe use of firearms JUST TO OWN a weapon.
- Includes the Tarus Judge and other revolvers as "banned shotguns"
- Prohibits loaning guns, even for hunting.
Ten legislative actions are contained in bills being authored by Senator Steinberg (D-Sacramento), Senator Marty Block (D-San Diego), Senator Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles), Senator and Chair of the Public Safety Committee Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley), Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara), Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco), and Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco).