If you are anti-guns, or afraid of guns, or just don't like them and don't want them in your house, then this blog is for you.
(It might just change your mind)

Monday, February 18, 2013

Celebrity pro-gun quotes



"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

“I absolutely don’t believe you can put sanctions or shackles on what is made. Nor do I want to pretend the world is different than what we witnessed that night… America is a country founded on guns. It’s in our DNA. It’s very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do.”
- Brad Pitt

“If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I’ve no problem shooting them.”
- Angelina Jolie

“Everyone has a right to bear arms. If you take guns away from legal gun owners, then the only people who have guns are the bad guys.”
- Bruce Willis

“Yeah, it’s legal in the United States. It's part of our Constitution. You know, the right to bear arms is because that’s the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It’s to protect yourself from the police.”
- Ice-T, rapper and actor.

"Strict gun laws are about as effective as strict drug laws...It pains me to say this, but the NRA seems to be right: The cities and states that have the toughest gun laws have the most murder and mayhem."
- Mike Royko, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist for Chicago Tribune.

“If some thug breaks into my home I can use my roundhouse kick, but I prefer he look down the barrel of my gun.”
- Chuck Norris

“I don’t get into the gun stuff. Some guys have guns who go hunting. Where do we stop (the gun control) at? I’m not a hunter, but we can’t say people can’t have guns.”
- Charles Barkley

"We're a heart attack away from losing the right to bear arms."
- Jeff Foxworthy

"Somebody goes out and kills somebody with a knife, you going to blame the knife? Somebody goes out and kills somebody by pushing somebody in front of a train, you going to start cutting off the guy's arms? You going to start blaming people's arms now? It's the person who did it who is responsible.''
- James Harrison, NFL All-Pro Linebacker.

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

“Where I stand at is on the Second Amendment where the right to bear arms is not just for hunting and fishing and things like that. But it’s the right of the American people to have a means of defense against a tyrannical government. So, sometimes you got to have that back-up plan.”
- Big Boi of Outkast.

“A covenant not to defend myself from force, by force, is always void. For no man can transfer, or lay down his right, to save himself from death, wounds, and imprisonment.”
- Thomas Hobbes, political philosopher. 

“As we have seen, the first public expression of disenchantment with nonviolence arose around the question of ‘self-defense.’ In a sense this is a false issue, for the right to defend one’s home and one’s person when attacked has been guaranteed through the ages by common law.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr

“Unfortunately, we always hear bad things about guns. But guns don't kill people —people kill people”
- Karl Malone, NBA

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
- James Earl Jones

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
- Aristotle

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster

“When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren’t shooting at humans – we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice.”
- Johnny Depp

"The biggest hypocrites on gun control are those who live in upscale developments with armed security guards -- and who want to keep other people from having guns to defend themselves. But what about lower-income people living in high-crime, inner city neighborhoods? Should such people be kept unarmed and helpless, so that limousine liberals can 'make a statement' by adding to the thousands of gun laws already on the books?"
- Thomas Sowell

"So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed... from my cold, dead hands!"
- Charlton Heston

No comments:

Post a Comment