"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house. You don't need an AR-15. It's harder to aim, it's harder to use and in fact, you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself."
By Jon Summers
To me this shows how little Biden knows about handling a firearm and Laws in one sentence. Lets break it down *logically* a section at a time:
- If someone is trying to break into your home the LAST thing you want to do is walk out on the balcony, or do anything to give away your position. Much less back yourself into a dead end with no cover.
- Gun safety rules say to never shoot unless you are sure of your target ... so just "firing two blasts" into the air or anywhere else is patently unsafe, period.
- It is illegal in most states to fire a "warning shot" or just to shoot into the air because it is, you guessed it, unsafe.
- It is harder to aim? Lets see, you are a 5' 2" woman shooting a double barrel shotgun that kicks like a mule, only has two shots, really does not have a precision sight system at all, generally has a long 28" barrel (sometimes 30+ inches) and weighs 9 to 12lbs VS An AR-15 that was *designed* to not have much recoil, has 20 to 30 rounds, has a precision sight system, normally has a 18" barrel, and weighs around 8lbs.
- You don't need X number of rounds to defend yourself? If you go and look at ANY study done on police shootings alone, you will see that it normally takes 17+ rounds to get ONE hit on a target. This is NOT like the movies folks! One shot is not an automatic hit! People dodge and move and stress makes it harder to aim.
- Corollary to 5 that is another movie myth: You don't have to aim with a shotgun. Totally not true. Contrary to movie/popular belief a load of 00 Buck only has 8 pellets and at "normal house ranges" will only have a 2" pattern so you STILL HAVE TO AIM!
- Again, safety. Contrary to popular belief a shotgun 00 Buck load will go through more drywall than a .223 bullet will. the .223 bullet is so small and light that it literally will disintegrate or lose much of its power after hitting two sheets of drywall....look it up... Shotgun 00 Buck penetrates MUCH more... as in 8 sheets of drywall more...
So lets see, on all levels this statement by Biden is full of fallacies, things that will get you hurt, or arrested and tossed in jail....
How can you legislate something that you *very obviously* have no idea what you are talking about on the subject?