If you are anti-guns, or afraid of guns, or just don't like them and don't want them in your house, then this blog is for you.
(It might just change your mind)

Friday, July 22, 2011

Guns Save Lives

Stories from readers like you

"My husband and I were accosted in Phoenix one evening (about 6PM) in a public parking lot (well lighted) by four individuals who wanted our truck (and who knows what else). If we had not been armed, they would have had the truck and anything else they may well have wanted. The police were no where in sight and when we contacted them the next day all they said was, "what were you doing on that street at that time of the evening? We don't even go there after dark."

I agree with what has already been stated and is well documented, "courts have long held that the police are under no obligation to protect individual citizens."

- Linda


The first time I used my gun in self defense I was leaving work late. It was dark and the parking lot was empty. Our office building was on a road off the main streets where the traffic was. The building was surrounded by woods. The other office building in the area were empty. No one would see me leaving. Except the man who was waiting in the shadows for me to leave. I had my gun purse in which I carried my colt mustang plus II 380. As I was walking towards my car I heard a man say "hey baby, looking good" I couldn't see him. I just kept walking. I heard foot steps and then he said "where ya going? Your not afraid are you?" I could tell he was closer now from the sound of his voice. I reached the side of my car which put the car between us and turned to face him. He had a knife in his hand which shined so I could see it clearly. He said "give it up easy and I won't cut you too bad" so I pulled out my gun (which I keep a bullet chambered and the safety on, all I have to do is take the safety off.) I pointed it at him and remembering the line from the untouchables movie with Sean Connery, I said "not too smart bringing a knife to a gunfight" he put the knife away as he backed up. He put his hands in the air and without saying a word ran away. I wished after that I had made him drop the knife before he ran away so he wouldn't have that knife at least to use on someone else and maybe I could have given it to the police. He had gloves on so I don't know if they could get fingerprints. Besides him hiding in the shadows waiting, the gloves also show he had planned an attack. Without that gun what would have happened? No one would have seen anything and no one would have heard me scream. The other story I'll save for another time. I had to protect myself with lethal force it's a hard story to tell.

- Theresa/ FL

http://www.wagc.com/GunsSaveLives.html

No comments:

Post a Comment